Saturday, January 26, 2013

Buffalo Wild Wings Flying High

Buffalo Wild Wings, or more commonly known as "B-Dubs," is becoming one of the most popular restaurants for anyone who likes sports, and for good reason. Basing their theme on wings, beer and sports, they attract any type of sports fan and anyone looking for some tasty wings.  With TVs all over the place, it is impossible to miss a big game. Recently, I was there for an NFL playoff game. The atmosphere was outstanding and I didn't want to leave after the game.


With all the fuss about their wings, I decided to figure out which ones were the best. I took out some friends and we did a taste test of Buffalo Wild Wings most popular wings. The results were pretty accurate and convincing. We first decided which wings to test out. It made the most sense to start with some of the more mild sauces, like sweet barbaque, and work our way up to the hotter stuff, like Asian zing.



The sauces we selected were: sweet barbaque, parmesan garlic, honey barbaque, Asian zing and Caribbean jerk. All of the sauces were tasty, but some were more than others. What my group found was that the most tasteful type of wing was honey barbaque. It had the perfect amount of flavor and spice. For anyone who can't handle a lot of heat, like myself, this is the wing for you. It's not too much to handle, so if you eat 6 of them, it's not like your mouth will explode. The only difference this is from normal barbaque sauce is just it is a little spicier and give a little more kick. 

Comming in second place was the sweet barbaque sauce. This is simply regular barbaque sauce that is very easy on your taste buds. It's not spicy at all and if you are a person who can't handle any type of heat, this is the wing for you. This sauce literally tastes sweet, it is a nice change of pace from some of the spicier sauces.


The next sauce we agreed would come in third place was the Asian zing sauce. It has that sweet and sour kind of taste and is one of the tastiest wings on the menu. It's not every day that you can have a sauce like this one. The only reason why this wasn't ranked higher was because after eating more than a few, they got pretty hot and it got hard to eat more. Personally, it was my favorite because it was huge in flavor and it was worth it for me to take the heat.



In fourth place was parmesan garlic. It's not that this sauce was bad, it just was hard to taste the flavor. It was not as flavorful as the other three sauces and that is why parmesan garlic is ranked fourth. It would have also been difficult to know what flavor I was eating with out the menu telling me which sauce I had. It didn't taste like parmesan or garlic. The flavor was mild but it seemed more salty and vinnegery. Again, the flavor wasn't nessescarily bad, it was just different and not anything like parmesan or garlic. Maybe I just got a bad batch, but I personally wouldn't have that sauce again.


The last place sauce was the Caribbean jerk. It tasted so artificial and fake. It was bitter tasting and left a terrible taste in my mouth. I would never recommend it to some one. There so many better sauces to choose from. It just didn't taste natural and I didn't even finish the ones I had.


If there was anything I would change about Buffalo Wild Wings, it would be to make the dining area a little more spacious. I felt some what crammed in the main dining area because the place was extremeley crowded on a Friday night with an NFL playoff game going on. In the past, I have sat around the bar and there is a lot more space and easier to watch a big game. My recomendation is to sit in the high chair area. It has much more space and you can even hear the game better because there are less people.

My experience at Buffalo Wild Wings was overall very good. Like I said earlier, the service was exceptional and so was the food. However, have great service and food, isn't the only thing they do well. They have well thought out commercials. They keep the customers coming back by remembering their slogan "wings, beer sports." It appeals to all kinds of sports fans. No matter what kind of sauce you pick, you can't go wrong with Buffalo Wild Wings.





No comments:

Post a Comment